Women's day

As a woman, what are the achievements you are the most proud of?
The truth is that as women, we have enough reasons to be proud of since our struggle
began. Step by step we are constantly building a bigger place for us in the world, and
step by step, we are making it possible.
I think that women today can feel comfortable in many fields that have been
dominated by men for a quite long time, and that is thanks to strong powerful women
who were brave enough to defend our rights even though they knew no one else was
going to support them. And I am proud of those women, as much as I am proud of
women who are still fighting today because they aren’t satisfied with the way the
world treats them, and as much as I am proud of all the women who have been able to
stand up for themselves when they were harassed, mistreated, raped or disrespected
in any way.
In fact, I am proud of myself too, because as a woman, I have never let anyone take
from me the rights which other women fought so fiercely for. I have never been
ashamed because of my gender. I have never let any man silence my voice. And I will
never tolerate any kind of mistreatment towards me. Because I am a woman, not a
glass that will break if you drop it, not an upsetting music that you can turn off, and
not an object under anyone’s control.
This is not only their fight. I don’t want to be a mere spectator, and I won’t. I want to
help building that bigger place for us in the world. I want this to be my fight, too. I
want every single woman to have her rights, to be independent and mighty in her
beauty. I want a world where the man who’s sitting beside me and I are equals, and
every time one of us raises her voice to be heard, we are closer to that world.

Hiba Ouazzani   
(4º ESO A)


The woman I admire the most.
I’m sure that most of the people would answer the same thing: their mother. And I don’t
blame them, I would answer that as well. But in my case, she deserves it a lot, and here’s
why.
To begin with, she has a heart as big as a castle. She would do anything to see me and my
sister smile. But I don’t admire her only for that, because I believe that every mother would
do the same thing. The reason why I admire her the most is because of the way she has
brought us up. She has taught us to pursue our dreams, but not in any way, but with hard
work. I remember her being strict when it came to studying or anything related to school.
She told me: “find your own way to study, don’t do what most of the others do. That’s the
only way to succeed in life”. And so I did. I stopped memorizing everything and started
understanding what I had to study. Without her advice, I wouldn’t be able to get the grades I
get now. She also taught me to be kind to women, always, despite the sexist country I grew
up in. She used to say to me that “women are neither worse nor better than men, so you
must treat them the same way you want to be treated”. Most importantly, she taught me to
have cold blood, always. She told me that nobody will want me to be better than them but
my parents. “It’s okay to be selfish sometimes, or they will laugh at your back”, she said.
These are the main reasons why I admire her more than any other woman, but not all of
them. I owe her my life. Thanks to her I am who I am now, and I will never be able to thank
her enough for that.

Nizar Chaer Ryan
(2º BAC B)


AS A WOMAN, WHAT ARE THE ACHIEVEMENTS YOU ARE THE MOST PROUD OF?
Women’s history has been invisible for decades. Women have been raised to take care of their
house, husbands and kids. Although many women throughout history accepted that kind of
rule (being a housewife), not every woman liked that idea.
Those women who fought against male patriarchy are now remembered by a few. For
instance, we can talk about Clara Campoamor’s achievements. She fought for women’s rights
until women won the right to vote in Spain. That happened in 1931.
But I am not only proud of that kind of feminism. Feminism also helped to liberate the black
community from the white supremacy that was controlling the USA back then. Rosa Parks, that
well-known name, was told to get up from the seat she was sitting on just because she was
black, and she refused to do it. A massive protest started then, and the black community won
what they wanted to win. To be respected and treated as human beings.
We can’t forget Malala, either. She worked hard to give little kids the education they needed.
She was shot by a Taliban, and was about to die, yet she didn’t give up. She continued fighting
for the rights of the kids, especially, girls’ rights.
To sum up, even though the achievements of women seem almost invisible, they’re not.
Women like Rosa Parks, Malala, Clara Campoamor and many others have helped society to
turn into a better one, and that is the main achievement I’m proud of.
Of course there are many other women´s achievements I am proud of, but I think that the
main goal of all of these women has been to make a better world for everyone: women and
men.

Rania Fuentes Rhomari
(2º Bachillerato A)


As a woman, what are the achievements you are the most proud of?
First, I’m proud of all the women that had died for our rights. Women have been fighting for
an equal world since the beginning of times. The world isn’t made up of men but also of
women.
If you, men, silence her, you’re silencing us. As a woman, I’m proud of our power. Look back,
just 100 years ago. Who were women ? We were objects, we were things without any law
protecting us. Today, law protects us but not enough, and that’s why the Women´s Fight
hasn’t finished yet.
If you say « I’m a feminist » they will probably laugh at you, they will think you want to kill all
the men in the world. Because they don’t know the meaning of « feminism ». We just want
to live in an equal world. We want equal salaries, we want a world with no discrimination, no
violence or sexism either. We want and we’re still fighting for equality in all areas, especially
in the economic area. How can an actress get less money than an actor when they’re doing
the same job ? This is still happening in 21st century. If I had lived in the past, I would have
probably been killed as many revolutionary women who were brave enough to claim the
same rights for all, even though their lives were in danger.
I wonder when I will be able to return to my house at night without being afraid. I wonder
about the day when my parents won’t say to me « be careful » before I meet my friends any
time, anywhere.
I’m proud of us. I’m proud of all the women who died looking for a better world. I’m proud
because we don’t give up.
We are fighting for you, for me, for the murdered women, for the future generations, for us.
Finally,let me conclude by saying that we want respect, not because we could be your wives,
your daughters, your sisters or your mothers. We want respect because we are HUMAN
BEINGS too. That’s the only reason.

Sumaya Oulad Haddouch
(4º ESO A)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

La puertas de la medina de Tetuán

Joyas bereberes

Yacimiento arqueológico de Tamuda